Last updated: 8 Oct 20
59 Vancouver RCACS will be taking the lead from our Public Health authority, and as such, with instructions from the Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers (CJCR), we have modified our program to adhere to strict guidelines to run a dynamic, fun, and engaging program while keeping our Cadets, Officers, Civilian Volunteers, SSC and the public safe.
Protocols to Reduce the Risks
- · Prior to departing home for any in-person activities, all adult personnel and cadets will complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool at https://bc.thrive.health/
- · No gatherings of 50+ people at any time. A modified training program will be used. Cadets will be placed into training groups / cohorts and will attend training either in-person or virtually.
- · Maintain social-distancing by being at least 2 meters apart from other participants.
- · NON-MEDICAL FACE MASK OR FACE SHIELD ARE MANDATORY. (Note: If a cadet or adult staff member reports that they cannot wear a non-medical face mask due to health restrictions, their participation is to be limited to virtual activities only and the Regional Medical Liaison Officer must be advised through the chain of command. The appropriate participation limitation will be placed on the cadet/member’s medical record.)
- · Everyone must wash their hands prior to entering the training facility.
- · The Squadron has established and posted occupancy limits for common areas such as the office and washrooms.
- · Cleaning protocols for all common areas and surfaces before and after each activity.
Our Squadron policies ensure that anybody with symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited.
- · Cadets and adult staff must inform their chain of command if they have been tested for COVID-19 and also the results.
- · Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days or directed by Public Health to self-isolate and are prohibited from in-person training activities.
- · Participants with symptoms must be seen by a clinician before returning to any cadet activity,
- · Visitors are limited in the Squadron. All Cadets, adult staff, SSC and visitors are required to sign-in for contact tracing purposes.
If any staff, cadets, or visitors informed by Public Health they have COVID-19, they must inform the Squadron immediately. The Squadron will:
- Find when the last time the person was present.
- Notify everyone that was present with the individual of a possible exposure and should self-isolate and monitor for symptoms.
- Implement enhanced cleaning protocols for all common area or surfaces.
- Stand-down that specific training night for one week if the cadet attended in-person training within the last two weeks.